Our client Dechra Pharmaceuticals Plc are looking for a Financial Controller for their global Manufacturing & Supply business. Reporting to the Finance Director, Global M&S, this is an international role in a growing and acquisitive business.
- To provide accurate, timely consolidated reporting and analysis for all manufacturing and supply sites (DPM&S) to the FD and MD – balance sheet, P&L and any other ad hoc requirements.
- To work closely with each of the finance teams to maintain a rigorous framework of internal financial control within DPM&S.
- To be the SME for the Oracle system in DPM&S and to drive process improvements within DPM&S (financial and non-financial).
- Responsible for the team in Skipton dealing with financial transactions for Bladel, Skipton and Melbourne.
- To work closely with the Finance Director providing strategic analysis.
- To deputise for the Finance director in their absence.
- Provide consolidated reporting to the FD and MD for DPM &S. This includes actual reporting, forecasting, budgeting and any ad hoc reports as required.
- Identify business improvements on ERP system (and other systems) across all departments and manage introduction of them ensuring any changes have been fully tested.
- Support local finance teams with any enquires around process, accounting issues and systems (Currently 4 sites and expanding).
- Be involved with ad hoc projects / strategy support as required by the FD.
- Constant monitoring of systems and procedures; identify and recommend opportunities for improvement and efficiencies; lead change process as appropriate.
- Management of the financial transactions through a team of 3 people :
- Accounts Payable – Bladel, Skipton, and Melbourne
- Credit Control – Skipton
- Bank Reconciliations – Bladel, Skipton, and Melbourne
- Fixed Assets – Bladel, Skipton, and Melbourne
- Payroll – Skipton
- VAT returns, HMRC returns, Intrastats and any ad hoc returns for Skipton or DPM&S as a whole.
- Work closely with finance business partners to ensure accountabilities are clear – Finance Business Partners still responsible for Balance sheet and P&L.
- Responsible for ensuring the DPM&S KPI dashboard is up to date.
- Responsible for a team of 3-4 people.
- To monitor on a daily basis the cash flow and foreign currency position to ensure it is in line with Group treasury policy.
- Ensure the financial policies and procedures are fully implemented in DPM&S.
- Support the legal team in dealing with insurance of the company’s assets, employees and practices
- Monthly Balance sheet reviews with each site identifying key risk areas, and validation of balances.
- Be the functional SME for Oracle/ Hyperion and any other financial systems DPM&S uses.
- Key contact for audit firms at half year end and year end.
Key Performance Indicators:
- On time in full delivery and commentary of consolidated monthly results
- A clean external and internal audit of all DPM&S sites
- Delivery of process improvements across the site – for example purchase to pay process, document management, costing methodologies
- Acknowledged by the rest of the organisation as competent and reliable financial partner
- Good presentation of outcomes of financial analysis
- Credible deputy to Financial Director
- Commercial and Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Management
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking
- Results Focussed
- Governance, Risk and Control
Additional Details:Role covers sites in Skipton, North Yorkshire, UK, Bladel, NL and Melbourne, Florida, US therefore must be able and willing to travel.
About our client:
Dechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals and related products business. Their expertise is in the development, manufacture and sales and marketing of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide. They have offices across 21 countries in Europe and North America, they export to over 40 countries worldwide and have three manufacturing sites. The Dechra group employ over one thousand people and revenue in 2015 reached £203.5m. The six Dechra Values: Dedication, Enjoyment, Courage, Honesty, Relationships and Ambition reflect the best aspects of behaviour and competence in Dechra. They embrace the values at every level of the business and everything about the business is underpinned by these values. How they talk to the people that matter, the way they always look to do things better and how they think of the people and the animals beyond the product. They are active in Companion Animal, Equine and Food Producing Animal products. Their key focus therapeutic areas are: • Endocrinology • Dermatology • Anaesthesia and Analgesia • Water Medication • Diets and Nutrition • Equine Locomotion.
For further information and a brief confidential discussion, please contact Nick Farren – 07867 339009 – email@example.com