Our client, Bridgend College is looking for a Lecturer in Automotive Technologies, to join the team. You’ll be joining a college voted amongst the best places to work in The Times Top 100 Not for Profit Organisations.
You will plan, develop, deliver and evaluate the curriculum content of learning programmes providing excellent training across a range of full and part time programmes. You will have recent professional and teaching experience across the range of skills for Automotive Technologies and have experience of Light Vehicle Technologies.
You will also hold a Level 3 Automotive VCQ or equivalent, recognised Assessor awards and a teaching qualification, or be prepared to obtain with help from the college.
- Prepare and deliver learning programmes in appropriate curriculum areas and to evaluate outcomes.
- Undertake the role of course tutor for groups of students as required.
- Counsel and guide students in their academic work and if necessary (after consultation) to refer students to Student Support Services.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary administrative records including quality control.
- Supervise a work area if required and if appropriate.
- Ensure Internal Verification and IQA processes are in place and to verify as required.
- Participate in agreed staff development programmes.
- Assist in the co-ordination of teaching, learning and assessment in the department and with implementing quality systems across the department and cross college.
- Assist in the organisation and control of examinations and assessments.
- Work in conjunction with the Curriculum Area Manager, to liaise as necessary with employers (including work placement) agencies and families.
- To be instrumental in extending and organising our existing provision particularly with partner schools.
- Participate in the recruitment of students, attending open days and contributing to recruitment and marketing materials as necessary.
- Undertake a range of activities that contribute to the management and administration of the programme area, which may include year tutor, module leadership, and timetabling.
- To liaise with other subject tutors within the Department to ensure best practice within the provision.
- Attend co-ordination, evaluation, quality, employer/parents’ events and meetings as required.
- Organise and adjust teaching practices to take account of any students with additional needs.
About Bridgend College:
Bridgend College is a dynamic Further Education college, recognised as one of the best places to work in the public sector across the UK, and is proud of its commitment and reputation in providing quality education and training to more than 15,000 students each year. The college is continuing to experience an unprecedented increase in demand for both its full time vocational and employer led courses at the same time as increased growth as a result of our strong partnerships with local schools and universities.
If you’d lile to discover more and would like an informal chat, please contact Nick Farren firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 7867 339009
This information is also available in Welsh. Should you require this information in Welsh, please contact Nick Farren via email@example.com