We’re looking for an exceptional Pre Sales Manager for the AppSense USA Pre Sales team.
AppSense is the leading provider of enterprise workspace management solutions that enable productive, secure workforces across mobile and desktop environments.
Our products have been deployed to over 7 million users at over 3,000 customers worldwide to reduce IT complexity and improve the deployment and management of devices, apps, and data across the enterprise.
The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with offices around the world.
The Pre Sales Manager must be able to recruit, hire, motivate, develop, and retain quality staff who are capable of continuing and enhancing AppSense success within the region.
The Pre Sales Manager must take a prominent role in evangelizing the AppSense vision and message within the local Pre Sales team.
- Leadership – The candidate needs to show leadership at a regional level. Ensuring the local pre-sales function has strong representation within the regional business, supporting the Regional AVP in the process.
- Channel Enablement –Direct experience enabling a Value-Added Reseller Channel, including driving programs to increase Partner mindshare, sales and technical acumen is a plus.
- Ecosystem – Demonstrated understanding of the multiple routes to market for Enterprise Software, having specifically driven programs to expand company reach by way of Alliances, System Integrators, LAR/DMR, or Corporate Resellers.
- On-Boarding – Manage the local on-boarding of new Pre Sales individuals, enabling them to be brought up to speed in a set period of time.
- Training, Development & Career Progression – Ensure that every pre sales individual has an effective career and development path to follow, thus allowing for consistent progression through AppSense and enabling regional succession planning.
- Communication – Ensure that all communication paths both in and out of the local pre sales team are developed and maintained, this will include communicating with the other Pre Sales Managers as well as the Pre Sales Director, ensuring that corporate strategy is translated as appropriate within region.
- Sales Demonstrations– Ensure Pre Sales individuals are capable and have the relevant resources to carry out an effective AppSense demonstration.
- APS – Support the AppSense Professional Services Organizational goal by fostering strong relationships with the team and building service offerings into the sales cycle to accelerate customer adoption of the products, increase revenue and reduce risk of stalled deployments.
- Pre-sales Engagement Methodology – Expand and enforce a set of best
practices to enable the team to help create, manage and close sales opportunities through a combination of technical excellence, solution selling skills and commercial awareness.
- Commercial Awareness – Manage and maintain a level of commercial awareness within the pre-sales team, ensuring all members of the pre sales community can articulate AppSense solutions at a CxO level. This will enable pre sales to broaden and help secure the potential customer opportunity. Drive pre sales awareness and a sense of ownership of the territory products and services numbers ensuring all team members are proactively contributing.
- Culture – Champion the AppSense Culture within the pre sales team to create a high performing business with an appreciation of the AppSense core values as part of the day to day business.
Experience – Knowledge Required & Qualifications:
- 5 years+ technical experience in relevant industries, with at least 3 years managing technical resources.
- Demonstrated experience managing and supporting a geographically diverse team.
- Player / Coach attitudes are essential to success. Individual must be willing and able to contribute value and support to team members.
- Must have the skills to recognize, assess and provide vision to the Corporation relating to emerging technologies, sales and organizational growth, and team effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, across all levels of the organization, including partners and customers.
To apply for this role, or for a confidential discussion to discover more, please contact Nick Farren at All About The Brand.
+44 (0) 7867 339009